According to TeleGeograpghy, Vanuatu’s Telecommunications and Radiocommunications Regulator (TRR), has opened a public consultation on a draft Telecommunications Consumer Protection Regulation document, which seeks to establish the key safeguards relating to the rights and interests of consumers.The TRR has invited all interested parties to submit their comments on the topic by 29 August 2014.
TRR wishes to inform and advise that it has released its Consultation Paper on draft Telecommunications Consumer Protection Regulation. The consultation paper presents a:
• background information on Consumer Protection and Relations Legislation guides, Part 8 of the Telecommunications and Radiocommunications Regulations Act, 2009,
• Regulatory Impact Assessment of a Consumer Protection Regulation,
• the status quo for the impact of the regulation,
• 3 consultation questions, and
• Annex A – the draft Telecommunications Consumer Protection Regulation.